The Following is a copy of the ministry model/Vision for “The Cell”. I felt it was necessary to add it to this blog for ease of access to those who are considering llinking arms with us. The Cell is a part of the Ecclesia 20/20 concept, as it is in accordance with Acts 20:20. It contributes more to the idea of having 20/20 vision in the church as well. feel free to offer feedback.
Taking the City, One Cell at a Time
The Cell is an assembly of believers in a target range who gather to study the word of God, pray, fellowship, and grow in their walk. As a result of this process, prescribed by Jesus, lives will be changed and people will be saved.
To evangelize the community within a one mile radius, while discipling young believers in Christ.
Our vision is derived from several key scriptures:
1. Disciples creating disciples
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost
Jesus’ instructed his disciples to make disciples. That is our main focus.
2. Preach the Gospel
And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
We will share the Word of Truth with all that we are able.
3. House and corporate gatherings
And how I kept back nothing that was profitable unto you, but have showed you, and have taught you publicly, and from house to house,
Through both house gatherings and corporate assembly we will teach, exhort, instruct, correct and grow in the Love of Christ
It can be summarized like this:
“Disciples creating disciples through the preaching of the gospel, via house and corporate gatherings.”
The Cell is designed to be a primarily home based initiative with a few key traits making up the personality:
- We hope to create an environment that is inviting and comfortable to allow for warm fellowship
- The Cell is not a Temple, Sanctuary, or Worship Center, so it will not function as one. There will be no determined “order of service”.
- Each person’s gift will be allowed to operate under the supervision of the presiding “lead disciple”.
- Bible study will be held as a guided conversation, with an already decided topic for a guide.
- The Love of Christ, as seen in his life and as defined in 1 Corinthians 13, will be our behavioral base.
- The Cell is only a piece to the puzzle. We will press all attendees to have a decided “Church home” where they can receive what The Cell does not provide.
- 7. Just as disciples beget disciples, so do Cells beget Cells. Every Cell is intended to produce another cell out of itself.
- Every Cell will reproduce at least one Cell, of its own kind, every nine months.
- Every Cell will create its own comprehensive Evangelism Plan for its target area within 30 days of its first meeting.
- Win new Christians into Cell membership
- Care for the weak members of the group
- Teach members basic Christian living and worldview (grounding in the Word)
- Provide members help and opportunity to build relationships with each other
- Provide rudimentary guidance in Christian living as needed
- Provide motivation and create vision in the minds of the members for serving Christ
- Help each member to develop their own ministry, including for most, winning their own disciples
- Provide a venue where young Christians can get supervised experience in serving others, and coaching on sharing the gospel and responding to challenges in their faith. Also where they can have other ministry needs met
- Train new leaders for the home church
Discipleship Stages leading up to duplication of a Cell
- Believer attends Home Church and Cell
- Believer is able to follow God independently through the process of growth
- Believer develops a burden for ministry, has positive friend base, actively self-equips, and is aware of key sin issues and in progress of correcting them
- Believer is a self starter in the word, effective in evangelism and follow up, and exerts Godly influence on others
- Believer wins first disciple(s), completes basic classes, is able to lead cell with help, and is highly reliable